How it works
The Content London Global Entertainment Format Pitch is designed to discover and develop a brand new hit format in one of the following two categories: ‘Primetime Entertainment’ or ‘Reality & Social Experiment’.
The pitch competition allows international format creators to present their projects through C21Media and Content London, providing a high-profile showcase to get the attention of international buyers.
Projects selected will benefit from exposure through C21Media.net as well as occupying a prominent slot at Content London.
The pitch is open for entries between X August and 9 October 2023.
From the pool of submissions made between X August 2023 and 9 October 2023, a shortlist of the top projects will be selected from which up to 10 finalists will be chosen.
The shortlisted projects will be published through Contentlondon.net for all Content London delegates to view.
The selected finalists will be invited to present a live pitch to delegates at Content London on 29 November 2023 at The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel.
Once each finalist has presented their pitch, a panel of global industry judges will select a winner of the global entertainment format pitch.
The finalists receive:
The winner receives:
- A VIP rate ticket of £499 to attend Content London
- C21 will profile each of the finalists during the event, with interviews about the projects published online and in the Content London Daily
- All finalists will be invited to a networking event during Content London to meet with interested partners
- A marketing package through C21Media worth £30,000 to support development and pre-sales promotion of the show
- Exposure at Content London to all executives in attendance
- Continued support and exposure from C21 Media
The C21 PITCH: Content London Global Entertainment Formats focuses on two key genres: Primetime Entertainment and Reality & Social Experiment.
- Applicants can submit up to 3 projects.
- The Format pitch focusses on 2 key genres. Please make sure that the genre briefs below are taken into consideration when submitting projects.
- Projects should be brand new and unsold (i.e. they should not have been presented to any broadcaster, distributor, streamer, platform or previously selected for another market pitch event before Content London 2023)
Reality & Social Experiment
- be large-scale entertainment with broad, family appeal
- be big and bold with a unique hook
- avoid quiz and quiz-based game
- No subjects are off-limits, but familiar areas should take a truly unique approach. Projects can be studio or location-based.
- be bold and attention-grabbing
- appeal to 16-34s without alienating older viewers
- have real people and authenticity at its heart
- encourage binge-watching behaviour
- address a universal theme and/or attempt to answer a real social question.
- have a clear answer to the question: ‘why?’
- No subjects are off-limits, but familiar areas should take a truly unique approach.
The initial submission should be a 1-2 page format document in English that brings your idea to life. It should include:
- Top-line concept
- Episode and series structure
- Key format beats
You are welcome to supply further supporting materials if you have them.
If selected and invited to the final pitch, you will be given a pitching slot of up to 7 minutes. At this stage you will also be required to provide:
- a short sizzle for your project
- a mini-bible comprising
- detailed format overview and structure
- rules for the show
- details of any specific new technology or proprietary software that the show would utilise or require
- casting overview
Please note that your sizzle duration will need to fit into the 7 minutes and should leave time for a comprehensive pitch.
Please complete the Content London Global Entertainment Format Pitch submission form below / here, including:
Dates and deadlines
- A clear outline description of the project you wish to pitch
- A one – two page format document
- Why you want to present this through C21
- Any other supporting materials
The C21 GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT FORMAT PITCH is open for entries between X August 2023 and 9 October 2023, 23:59 GMT.
Shortlisted candidates and finalists will be notified by 23 October 2023. Finalists will be required to provide final pitch assets no later than 4 November 2023.
The Content London Global Entertainment Format Pitch final will be held at Content London on 29 November 2023.
How will the finalists be selected?
- All Submissions will be assessed by C21 Media.
- Finalists’ submissions and live pitches will be assessed by a panel of judges comprised of top programming executives at networks around the world to choose the winners. The Judges will select one of the finalists as the winner of the Competition.