Please wait...
Please wait...

Mediawan and ZAG appoint Andy Yeatman CEO of Miraculous Corp USA and global ops

Andy Yeatman will head Miraculous Corp

French prodco Mediawan and Canadian animation studio ZAG have appointed former Moonbug Entertainment MD Andy Yeatman as CEO of its new Miraculous Corp joint venture.

Mediawan and ZAG launched Miraculous Corp in May, uniting all facets of the Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir franchise. Mediawan owns about 60% of the JV, with ZAG taking the remaining 40%.

Yeatman has now been named CEO of Miraculous Corp USA and global operations. Based in Los Angeles and reporting to Miraculous Corp board chairman Pierre-Antoine Capton, Yeatman will work closely with board member and major shareholder Jeremy Zag to build the future of Miraculous.

Yeatman was previously MD for the Americas at Moonbug Entertainment for five years, but left the company in June.

In his new role, he will oversee US and international business operations with the ambition of growing Miraculous into an expanded universe with a new era of characters, narratives, and content that will include TV movies, spin-off series with original characters, as well as Miraculous: The Movie 2, to be directed by Jeremy Zag.

Yeatman previously founded and led Netflix’s Kids’ Content department. During his tenure, Netflix’s Kids and Family programming received 30 Daytime Emmy awards, with 100 total nominations. Before joining Netflix, he worked for some of the world’s largest media groups, including Walt Disney Studios, and earlier in his career, Ascent Media Group, Verizon and CIBC World Markets.

Pierre-Antoine Capton, co founder and CEO of Mediawan said: “Andy’s expertise is an invaluable asset for such an iconic brand. The creation of Miraculous Corp with Jeremy, and now the appointment of Andy, are wonderful news that will enable us to exploit the full richness of the unique universe of France’s most successful superheroine.”

Yeatman added: “I have been a fan of Miraculous Ladybug since 2015, when Jeremy first introduced me to the show. There is enormous potential to continue to build out the universe. The adventures ahead will feature new heroes, villains and ways for fans all over the world to interact with this universe. I’m honoured to work with the team to lead the next chapter of storytelling and growth for this beloved brand.”

Please wait...